Friday, March 27, 2009

Laugh of Cry?

inland empire craigslist > cds / dvds / vhs
Date: 2009-03-27, 10:49AM PDT

I HAVE A VAN FULL OF DVD MOVIES BRAND NEW AND SEALED CALL ME NOW,, I NEED QUICK CASH I WILL NEGOITIATE ANY PRICE....PLEASE OR I WILL LOSE MY HOME...I HAVE THOUSANDS OF DVD'S TO CHOOSE FROM CALL FOR TITLES...
----

And this:
HUGE DVD YARD/GARAGE SALE - 3000 DVDS COLLECTION LOT - $3 (HESPERIA, CA 92345)
Date: 2009-03-26, 10:18PM PDT

I'M SELLING ALL MY DVDS AT A YARD/GARAGE SALE THIS WEEKEND. IT WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAY MARCH 28TH AT 17915 MAIN ST HESPERIA, CA 92345. IT WILL BE FROM 9AM TIL 2PM. NO EARLY PEOPLE KNOCKING PLEASE. IF IT GOES WELL I MAY DO SUNDAY MORNING AS WELL.

THESE ARE ALL USA ORIGINAL DVDS, ALL BLOCKBUSTER TITLES WITH ORIGINAL CASES. THERE ARE WELL OVER 3000 DVDS TO CHOOSE FROM INCLUDING CHILDREN'S TITLES, DISNEY, ACTION, HORROR, DRAMA, COMEDY, ETC. THIS IS BY NO MEANS A FIRE SALE. THESE ARE GOOD DVDS AND PRICES BELOW ARE FIRM.

REGULAR DVDS ARE $4 EACH, UNLESS YOU BUY 2 FOR $7 OR 3 FOR $10

CHILDRENS/DISNEY DVDS ARE $6 EACH, UNLESS YOU BUY 2 FOR $10

SEALED/BRAND NEW DVDS ARE $6 EACH, UNLESS YOU BUY 2 FOR $10

SOME BOXSETS/SEASON SETS AVAILABLE AT $10 EACH.

THESE ARE THE PRICES, NO HAGGLING NO NEGOTIATING WHETHER YOU BUY 1 OR 100. THE PRICES ARE FAIR FOR THE PICK OF THE LITTER. I WILL SAY THIS IF YOU BUY 100 REGULAR DVDS I WILL DO $300 OR IF YOU MIX AND MATCH I WILL DO 100 DVDS FOR $400
----
350 DVDs - $2 (Escondido)
----
82 DVDS $1.50 EACH (REDLANDS)
----

Sad? Karma? Kismet?

10 comments:

Jean ValJean said...

I would only look if he had first rate movies.

But if I was close, I'd show up. Just to laugh.

Casey Serin said...

I'm putting up on Craigslist an autographed copy of my latest Experian™ credit report, so that in 100 years your grandkids can point to it and tell their own grandkids that this is what caused the Great Depression of the early 2000's.

My asking price is my actual credit score in dollars and cents -- $4.50 ;-)

Mr. Outspoken said...

My concern is: how HOT are these hot new releases? Who has a thousand sealed DVDs? What did he do, pillage an Amazon warehouse?

Mr. Outspoken said...

Casey, I thought they rounded credit scores to whole numbers?

Casey Serin said...

I meant to imply a 450 credit score. heh.

Frankly, it would've been lower but when Experian ran my portfolio of defaults and fraud through their FICO algorithm, their server crashed and I was just assigned the minimum possible score. :-p

s said...

Outspoken,

Someone who HELOCs their home in order to buy everything DVD they might ever want to watch.

TJandTheBear said...

How DO you find these things???

serinitis said...

My guess is this is leftover from a Blockbuster Video going out of business

polizeros said...

I used to sell rock records mail order and at swap meets. A collector / dealer could easily have thousands of titles and they wouldn't necessarily be hot.

For all those sales listed, it's a given that dealers will be there when the sales starts and go through it like locusts. All the good stuff will be gone in fifteen minutes.

Lost Cause said...

I guess he never heard of bit torrent.