Saturday, May 09, 2009

The Elephant (Seal) in the room



As predicted April wasn't very kind to California politicians. Excerpt from the State Controller's Office:
Compared to April 2008, General Fund revenue in April 2009 was down $6.3 billion (-39%).
And:
⇒ Sales tax collections year to date are short $327 million (-1.8%) from the 2009-10 Budget Act. Income taxes were $653 million lower (-1.7%) than expected, and corporate taxes were $788 million lower than expected (-9.5%). The State’s other revenue streams were $299 million below (-6.7%) the estimates. Because the 2009-10 Budget Act contained actual revenue through February 2009, these disparities only occurred in the months of March and April.
Better switch to Plan B:

5 comments:

Sun said...

Cali = "Trash of the Titans"

For the uninitiated, Simpsons episode #200. You won't be disappointed.

incessant_din said...

I'm voting no on everything. My concession is that I actually paid my use tax scam fee with my taxes. Since I play by the rules, I don't want the rules any more messed up.

TJandTheBear said...

Dawg,

I'm heading east on a business trip and it turns out I won't be here for the vote. What's the quickest way to get an absentee ballot???

Lou Minatti said...

No worries. Me and millions of other taxpayers will pay the tab for California's bloated and inefficient government. :-) So it's all good.

Rob Dawg said...

tj,
Fastest/easiest is bring your driver's license and a recent utility bill to the county elections office. 5 minutes tops and you can fill it out there and drop it in the box on the counter.