Friday, July 20, 2007

Riverpark? No, River PORK!

I know we are talking Oxnard and I swear they put soemting in the water up on the dias but come on how stupid can you get? One exit across the bridge in Ventura there is a multiplex with a dozen sceens. Straight down the main drag in the heart of downtown there is a city subsidized urban multiscreen theatre. And now Riverpark is scrapping the master plan for their New Urbanist Utopia a dozen years in the failing forward in favor of another freakin' multiplex cinema. And such a deal it is. They are offering nine million d-o-l-l-a-r-s (pinkie to corner of mouth). And all it will cost Oxnard is $12m in improvements and abatements and also whatever they owe to the downtown cinema if this ruins that business. Deal or No Deal? Deal! By a "vote" of 4-1 the City Council has pursed the shiny object and thrown past partners under the bus.
Newspaper coverage.
Star 20th
Star 19th
Star 18th

I'm going to see if I can get the 1 part of that 4-1 vote to comment.

8 comments:

Property Flopper said...

Two FIRSTS in one day?

Sac RE Agent said...

1st

Unknown said...

M U R S T

Caseys Sex Life said...

Egads!!! Bemused Guy - if you believe that, then I have truly lost sight of the shiny object!!!

Dearest Jebus, Supportez, Haterz and Etcz.... - I am truly blessed to have forsaken the forbidden apple as long as I have. The ever forbidden fruit, which has dangled like a pearl in the oyster since the beginnings of the hair 'in areas which shall not be named", is finally within my grasp. The questioning of the "characters" had sapped the last of my testosterone - but hallelujah!!!! I find myself sitting on standby, recharging the sweet juices that flow through my sinewy frame. The sweet sweet loin love that has always eluded me awaits around the corner. And I must admit that the thought of you haterz and supporterz thinking about me while composing your songs, pictures and poetry is inspiring, to say the least.

Who in the name of Peter, Paul, Mary and fucking Benji am I trying to kid??????? I find myself thinking about "the one who shall legally not be named" 24/7 - oh, not that one - the other one - our connection was more than just spiritual. Our very fibers intertwined and at times I felt as one. He "the one who shall legally not be named" made my spirit soar and my heart race!! Who else offered to take on all of the haterz and sue each and every one of them who were mean to me but "the one who shall legally not be named"?????

But I have been denounced far and wide - by "the ones who have had nookie." (and Bemused Guy) Is it fair dammit?? To be banned at the very site where I finally had a chance of scoring? Is it fair Broward Home? Do you think I have had the pleasures of a stinging buttock slap from a masked madam?? Or you Sharky - so quick with your taunts - are your balls blue???? And CHJTS - when is the last time you threw 2k at some methface wench - just to have her throw it back at you????

Property Flopper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rob Dawg said...

PropFlop,
The substantive discussions cause people to think. There's also three chronological articles to digest. Casey is "cotton candy" and the rest is variously hamburger to short loin. Feel free to make the usual Short Loin v. Casey jokes.

The Riverpark debacle is going to be a great book someday. It has all the history of incompetent corrupt governance and all the worst aspects and timing of the housing bubble.

Unknown said...

https://www.tdnam.com/trpItemListing.aspx?&miid=7719233

I had to do it, another 10% price chop, the price will drop and chop and drop some more,
10% daily until sold!

0% will go to Casey's Defense Fund!!

10% for fishy treats
10% for galina's chipolte tab

Anonymous said...

Man, KC has really jumped the shark with his latest offering. A "stroke me in my private parts" ego trip around the world. Sickening.