Monday, May 21, 2007

It's the End of the Blog (as we know it)

Those great social commentators R.E.M. have devolved to the depths of merely crooning about Casey. Sing along as we countdown to blog shutdown:

That's great, it starts with an foreclose, duns and lates, a late night call-
Nigel Swaby is not afraid. Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn -
blog serves its own needs, don't misserve your own needs. Bump it up a notch,
speed, grunt no, strength no. Pryamid structure clatter with fear of height,
down height. Wire in a fire, represent the seven games in a government for
hire and a brownfield site. Left her, wasn't coming in a hurry with the furies
breathing down your neck. Team by team reporters baffled, trump, tethered
crop. Look at that low fruit! Fine then. Uh oh, overflow, population,
common area yard, but it'll do. Save yourself, serve yourself. Blog serves its
own needs, listen to your heart bleed. Tell me with the rapture and the
reverent in the right - right. You vitriolic, patriotic, slam, fight, bright
light, feeling pretty psyched.

It's the end of the blog as we know it.
It's the end of the blog as we know it.
It's the end of the blog as we know it and I feel fine.

Six o'clock - TV hour. Don't get caught in flipper tower. Slash and burn,
return, listen to yourself churn. Lock him in uniform and book burning,
blood letting. Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate. Light a candle,
light a motive. Step down, step down. Watch a heel crush, crush. Uh oh,
this means no fear - cavalier. Renegade and steer clear! A tournament,
a tournament, a tournament of lies. Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives
and I decline.

It's the end of the blog as we know it.
It's the end of the blog as we know it.
It's the end of the blog as we know it and I feel fine.

The other night I tripped a nice continental drift divide. Mount St. Edelite.
Robert K., Leonid Breshnev, Duane LeGate and Rob Dawg.
Birthday party, cheesecake, jelly bean, boom! You symbiotic, patriotic,
slam, but neck, right? Right.

It's the end of the blog as we know it.
It's the end of the blog as we know it.
It's the end of the blog as we know it and I feel fine...fine...

64 comments:

DCRogers said...

Uh, MURST?

Anonymous said...

Murst! -RB

Rob Dawg said...

Murst be past Dude's first bedtime. Makes my eyes moist.

Kim said...

I was so close. I just clicked off this site for a second to check my email...

I've seen several mentions of Casey's flickr account being down, but I can still see it. Are some of the pics missing or something?

Kim said...

I can even find the pics of things like his bank account statement...

Rob Dawg said...

Kim, it is back up. Thanks for noticing. Two good scratches behind the ears until your tail thumps.

Grab your favorites, when blog goes dark this week or next the pics will undoutably go private.

Benoit™ said...

I may as well plug the Tim Serin page on a Casey-related thread. I added a picture of Tim plus some circumstantial evidence that he's the remaining Serin sibling (the Marine who hosted Gaysey and Galina in Hawaii).

In order of birth, it's Casey (1982), Tim (1984?), Margarita (1985), Steve (1986), and Kristina (1993?). The guarantor of Hammar Investments is what we snarky types would call the proverbial baby factory...

Benoit™ said...

oh, and Rob, since I'm assuming you know the actual lyrics to the song, the parody version should begin:

That's great, it starts with an Earth Mission™... ;-)

WINEX said...

Unless there is any evidence that Tim is tied up in Casey's felonies, he should be left out of this.

Use your head for a moment. The guy is a Marine who is serving our country during time of war.

He can't help it that his brother is an asshole.

But you can prevent yourself from being a bigger asshole.

Benoit™ said...

As I said on the previous page,

Before I get lambasted over throwing a family member into the mix, I'm not defaming the guy in any way... in fact, he's arguably the most accomplished Serin sibling there is :-p

El Gabo Gringo said...

CYCLOPZ BITCHEZ! Cyclopz-midgetz...

winex said...

As I said on my previous post "you can prevent yourself from being a bigger asshole".

Given the character of absolutely every Marine I know, I'm sure that Tim is embarrassed to have someone known as an international screwup and felon in his family.

Why make things difficult on someone like him? He is honorable enough to be serving our country during time of war.

If you can delete the page, you should.

If you can't, you should request that it be deleted.

Akubi said...

Awesome! Even looser bf or nso or whatever dugg that too.

Benoit™ said...

Why make things difficult on someone like him?

A blurb on an obscure website mentioning that he's related to Casey will not "make things difficult" for him. He hosted the gruesome twosome when they went to Hawaii, that deserves a mention somewher. CaseyPedia generally removes only completely speculative assertions (i.e. Nigel is gay). There's no speculation on that page, nor is the person in question being defamed.

And no, he's obviously not tied in with Casey's crimes; nor are any of his other siblings who are listed. They were mentioned at IAFF, therefore they're mentioned at CaseyPedia.

For the record, I can't delete any pages, only the editor-in-chief (so to speak) can. If he sees fit to delete the whole page, or just leave the name and birth date, so be it. I won't complain either way...

Akubi said...

Winex,
But how can one prevent oneself from succumbing to the occasionally enormous zit? That is the real question. Of course, we can also parse the details of THONGS as well.

Semper Fi said...

If Tim was any kind of Marine, he'd kick Caseys ass.

Akubi said...

Tim MBA is most likely ready to do so.

Akubi said...

Is Semper Fi some Scandinavian band or something?

Akubi said...

Let's chat thongs in all of their glory.

Anonymous said...

Did someone forget to mention Nigel SWABY is an asshole?

Arthur Wankspittle said...

I've just one point to make today. I looked at IAFF and it's full of newbies saying "great" and "go for it". I'll wait for about a week and see what state Casey is in then. The word "bi-polar" was the first thing that came to mind when I saw his latest post. He's in an upswing at present, I think the down will come in about a week. Then we'll see how the traffic holds up and how well all his new Supporterz stick with him.
One other scenario, he gets $1050 in his Paypal account by Friday but Nacho reverses $250 out of it. Sweet!

winex said...

>If he sees fit to delete the whole page, or just leave the name and birth date, so be it. I won't complain either way...

So Benoit, does that mean that you are going to request a delete?

Or does it mean that I was wrong when I said that you can prevent yourself from being a bigger asshole than Casey?

Ben M. said...

Just thought I'd drop in here with a comment I made on IAFF that got deleted. I'm not sure what his moderation policy is, but basically my comment was about how they were not stupid enough to kill the blog, a potential lazy man's cashcow, and that this sort of thing is exactly what you do when the show has jumped the shark and there's no more story to tell.

Can everyone not see that this contract is a fabricated story tool? I mean, wonderboy over there does stupid things almost by default, but not when it gets in the way of sweet international fame™ and attention.

Akubi said...

Of course we can, but it's still fun to keep the Serinade flowin.

Ben M. said...

Oh, okay.

I'm new to this, takes a while to get used to the crap flying in all directions at once

Benoit™ said...

Or does it mean that I was wrong when I said that you can prevent yourself from being a bigger asshole than Casey?

No, you're totally right -- if posting truthful information that a certain person (who happens to be a Marine) is one of Casey Serin's brothers, then I'm a bigger asshole than Casey. Happy??

Your argument can also be used to suggest deleting mentions of:
- Casey's entire family (with the possible exception of his shell-corp-backing mom)
- Nigel Swaby (who also wasn't involved in Serin's criminal acts)
- any other person not criminally involved, like all of the Haters, Brian Nick, etc.

The whole point of the site was to allow information that would otherwise be promptly removed by so-called WikiNazis, despite being well-sourced and true. Nothing posted about Casey's brother is even remotely libelous.

If your beef is something about him being a Marine, I fully understand that being a Marine is a noble and difficult undertaking. But again, it's no different from posting that Steve Serin (with birth year) fixed the Jetta.

Again, if a majority of people who are on the site see fit to delete the info, so be it... rant off. Not commenting anymore on this.

Akubi said...

I wish Mao Tse Tung would shriek at my sweet wrapper.

Akubi said...

Honestly,
I have a lot more sympathy (as unpopular as it is) for Galina than Nigel.

Akubi said...

BTW, Benoit™ you're cool. It's COOL man. In fact, it is sweet and awesome:).

Benoit™ said...

Akubi, right back at you and your fluffy Pomeranians™ ;-)

winex said...

Benoit, you have obviously never served your country or worked in Defense.

To put it mildly, if you do work in the field, you don't want your name appearing on sites about bank fraud.

His brother wasn't involved in the scams.

Don't drag an honorable person into the mud.

Benoit™ said...

winex, first... I just removed half of the article because I found the citation from IAFF where Casey himself says he stayed with his brother. The article firmly insults Casey, not his brother.

Second, it turns out the brother is no longer in the Marines -- he's going to college in Virginia. If you want a cite for that, I'll be more than happy to provide one...

Third, a brief mention that he hosted Casey in Hawaii is no different than other articles that say [his other brother] "Steve is an auto mechanic who fixed the Jetta's flat tire" or "Nigel Swaby treated Casey to a Jamba Juice".

Fourth, I'm going to sleep. :)

WINEX said...

Benoit, if you Google his name, you will find that the 3rd link on the first page is a story that mentions him being at Quantico. While your geographic location is correct, given the April 21, 2007 publish date of the story and the picture, there is no doubt that he is still a Marine.

Anonymous said...

Winex - er, which Serin are you?

1) Tim Serin is in civvie clothes in that April picture

2) I am familiar with the Quantico area. And the ongoing programs. That's where they all go to outprocess and I am pretty sure he's on his way out the door.

3) You'll find the brother in different areas related to IAFF posted by the fliptard himself.

4) and whoever wrote he should have kicked his brother's ass is right.
few Marines I know would have stood for this bs.

Bohica said...

A bit off-topic, but this sell-out has got me PISSED !!!


I oppose the Senate immigration deal.
Until the EMPLOYERS of illegals are FORCED to pay taxes and insurance, this bill is a waste of time.
Until the border is SECURE, what will prevent employers from discarding the present crop of 'newly-legals" and hiring the next bunch of illegals.?
I have NO FAITH in the present leadership of the once great country, I believe 99.9% of the politicians are NOT working in the best interests of the United States.

bohica said...

The above post was a response to a Capital Hill e-mail.

TK said...

I don't really see what Tim Serin has to do with the saga other than being his brother. I think the more important question is why is Casey the oldest and appears to be the runt of the litter?

Also, if you must check IAFF for $$ updates, we should bookmark the page with the figure on it because Mr. Mad Skillz decided to plant it on the sponsor page to squeeze more page views out. I don't get the big spike in visits yesterday. This was because he sent out a crap email? His site is looking like a craptacular spam-hole. Still he hasn't got all the money. I would like to know who the hell paid for all that "Blog consulting".

WINEX said...

@Anon @ 3:00 AM

I see why you wanted to rename anonymous.

That post was too stupid to own up to.

For the record, I have a good friend who was the head of the Marine Weapons Lab at Quantico for about 3 years.

The HMX-1 group that his brother is apparently part of is responsible for helicopter transports for the President of the United States.

Quantico is one of the largest Marine bases in the world. Not simply a place where people go for debriefing before leaving the Marines.

Also, even if he did just leave active duty, he would be subject to recall.

Why don't you just admit that the only reason to attack his brother is hatred of those who are brave enough to serve our country?

Dan said...

Why don't you just admit that the only reason to attack his brother is hatred of those who are brave enough to serve our country?
Whoa there, Winex. Put away your Jump to Conclusions Mat. The only reason to mention Tim(nobody, as of yet, has attacked Tim, Steve, Margarite, or any of the other Serin siblings) is because he has the last name Serin and is mentioned and pictured in the title characters blog. You apparently have a fetish for those that kill in the name of political pressure, and that's cool, but that doesn't mean that you are the definitive source on internet ethics when it comes to mentioning the names of US servicemen.

Anonymous said...

@Dan.
nice try but don't bother.
You know it's a fine line between debating newcomers & feeding the troll.

Mermaiden said...

Put away your Jump to Conclusions Mat.

Dammit! Its only 6am and already coffee is flying out my nose!

The Dude said...

Late nite topics.....dammit.

Miguel said...

Why don't you just admit that the only reason to attack his brother is hatred of those who are brave enough to serve our country?

How ironic that a post that began with the comment "too stupid to own up to" should end with an accusation that's quite so... well, stupid.

For the record (and I'm one of the CaseyPedia editors), I'm not at all convinced that we need separate entries on every single member of the Serin clan, and would very happily see the lot deleted aside from entries on those who are unquestionably active players in the saga. (I don't have powers of deletion, though, and in any case I believe in democratic debate before they're wielded.)

But alleging that there's another reason for their inclusion besides a strangely obsessive-compulsive need to dot every T and cross every I is just ludicrous. And down-on-all-fours howling-at-the-moon rabid-conspiracy-theorist ludicrous at that.

Hobbes said...

I have a younger brother who was in the Marines (still IRR, as a matter of fact, I hope he doesn't get recalled). Although i am not entirely convinced of the need for Tim to be listed, I don't see the posting in the caseypedia re: Tim as malicious. In fact it could be justified as a compare and contrast Tim--- who looks athletic, has enough on the ball to work in the Men's Division of the Navy Department and has a decent haircut-- with Casey, who is a total looser wimp, scum sucking leach with a haircut that looks retarded.

flailing forward said...

Damn you, Akubi! I had "The Thong Song" stuck in my head all last night, and now I open up this thread and it's back. Thanks a lot.

flailing forward said...

That article on Tim appears to be completely neutral to me (towards Tim, not Casey.) The worst you can say about it is that it's irrelevant. But Hobbes is right, one thing it shows is that the entire Serin clan isn't a bunch of scamming loosers. Their parents take a lot of flak for raising Casey, but Tim shows that Casey is the exception, not the rule.

Casey Fannnnn said...

WINEX's above hysterical defense of Marine honor is misplaced. Why on Earth should the context of Casey's family be ignored? It helped make him what he is. Posting details of the Serin clan in a non-pejorative way is in no way improper. It may well increase our understanding of the baffling horror that is Casey Sonuvabitch Serin.

Browsing Tim Serin's FLICKR page reveals interesting traits shared by other members of Casey's tribe. Tim apparently gets "waisted" often. Despite this worldly hedonism (for shame!) he also follows shitty Christian rockers. Casey's sister, whose blog was uncovered a few months ago, is painfully, obnoxiously, judgementally churchy. Apparently this taint of religious hypocrisy leaves no Serin untouched.

Tim Serin shares Casey's spelling skills. Is this an "immigrant thing" or something else? Humorous examples:
Trying not too laugh
I had a plessure taking their photos
Gansta
I love the sun rays as they penatrate the clouds

flailing forward said...

Ha ha, it looks like he's keeping it gansta by peeing his pants.*

* This is intended as a pathetic stab at humor. It in no way is intended to mean that the the Marine Corps advocates peeing of pants.

LT said...

MGM Mirage Hits the Jackpot

By Nicholas Yulico
TheStreet.com Staff Reporter
5/22/2007 10:05 AM EDT
Click here for more stories by Nicholas Yulico







E*TRADE FINANCIAL
TD AMERITRADE

Fidelity Investments
Zecco.com

CyberTrader
Bank of America


MGM Mirage (MGM - Cramer's Take - Stockpickr - Rating) surged 26% early Tuesday after billionaire Kirk Kerkorian announced that he plans to enter negotiations to buy the company's Bellagio and City Center properties in Las Vegas.

Looks like Casey missed out on the sweet commission on this transaction. Where was he?

mejustme said...

Well, now we know who got all the muscles in the family. But it looks like he got the same spelling gene.

I vote for taking it down. Tim's way too peripheral to the story, and if you're going to include "innocent bystanders," I think we all agree there should be a compelling reason.

Anonymous said...

I agree with mejustme - his bro had nothing to do with any of Casey's shenanigans.

Marine Corp OOH RAH

Casey Fannnnn said...

I say put everybody in the damn wiki who even once shared an elevator with Casey. Personal details, photos, everything! And maybe there could be a separate "tip jar" for contributions to a bounty fund, one that will pay cash money to acquaintances of the Serin family who can fill us in on the filthiest, most vile, secret inside gossip. I see it presented in the style of "Perez Hilton's" site. It could put that extra oomph back into the Casey drama, and stir up a lot of shit we can watch from far away.

Property Flopper said...

Winnex Said...
> Benoit, you have obviously never
> served your country or worked in
> Defense.

> To put it mildly, if you do work
> in the field, you don't want
> your name appearing on sites
> about bank fraud.

This is correct. Of course, in this case, it matters very little - the military already knows.

I did consulting for the military and had a clearance (now inactive), filling out the SF86 I had to list details on all family, including my father who had died 30 years prior.

Credit problems are a HUGE red flag for this type of thing - it leaves the person open for bribes. ANY investigator would have already made the connection to Casey.

If Tim Serin is still in the Marines, I'm sure this little issue has been run up the flag already. If he is not, it hardly matters.

Benoit has only posted factual information. The "bad" parts are Casey, not Tim. If the younger Serin is not happy with the situation, he should "explain" to his brother why it's bad to run the family name through the mud... Marine style.

LossMitPro said...

Semper Fi @ 11:50 AM (5/21):
”If Tim was any kind of Marine, he'd kick Caseys ass.”


Maybe he has or intends to? Huu-Rah!

~Mark

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to me that someone like Casey can blog, post movies and do interviews of how he committed Fraud and get away with it.

What is surprising to me personally is that given the high visibility, that not one person here has the contact information or knows of anyone in the law enforcement agencies that can look at this case seriously.

All I see are people here getting mad and frustrated wanting to take the law into their own hands while Casey and wife laugh all the way to the bank.

I personaly think that all this negative energy is mis-placed. You should be mad at the law agencies who are turning a blind eye to this Fraud and not to Casey.

You guys are really frucked.

flailing forward said...

Thanks for that input noob, but every law enforcement and regulatory agency in the lower 48 has already been contacted.

Anonymous said...

Yes, every one of those agencies and sub-agencies have been contracted - exactly my point.

As of this very minute, they have ALL turned a blind eye to this Fraud.

Casey even stated on his web site that he would "go under the radar" should the FBI try to after him.

That's pure and blatant mocking of the FBI and of the legal system.

Khatie said...

If anything, the fact that Casey would break the law in such a way shows that he doesn't give a damn about anyone, including his family, leaving them vulnerable to such criticism.

However, I think the page should be taken down. Casey is the lawbreaker here.

mejustme said...

Casey's gone into overdrive trolling. Every noun has "sweet" in front of it. I'd say he's trying a little too hard.

Ya know, I'm not against Casey making money. He should've monetized his blog long ago; many of us have said it. He's finding that a little work will get him results, and that's a good thing.

Is it sustainable? I don't think so, in the long run. His linkbuyers are seeing blips in traffic that will die down as fewer people are idly curious to see who bought a link and fewer people visit a blog about nothing.

He is trying to find time to do the consulting? I smell refund.

I hope everyone who bought instant commenting goes back to Paypal for a refund, too.

Rob Dawg said...

The affectation of sweet and the like is something I've noticed about his manic cycles. It means he's on the downside and headed for a crash of nonperformance. That's why he knows deep down he won't be able to consult until he gets back near the top of his personality swing.

Anonymous said...

Tim Serin shares Casey's spelling skills. Is this an "immigrant thing" or something else? Humorous examples:
Trying not too laugh
I had a plessure taking their photos
Gansta
I love the sun rays as they penatrate the clouds


na, being unable to spell is a "marine thing". Not kicking caseys ass is inexcusable though.

Anonymous said...

I think that Casey is laughing all the way to the bank with this.

While all of us "haters" are getting more bitter and angry.

I hate to say this, but the problem is not Casey, but the law. The law is allowing Casey to continue and he knows that.

America's biggest Looser. said...

Maybe we should offer Tim some sweet cash to kick his ass, with photos too.

Anonymous said...

Many a times, I feel like taking the law into my own hands too, but then reality sets in.

The reality is that the same law which is not turning it's back on Casey FRAUD, will come full force at the person or persons trying to take action (take the law into their own hands).

This is why I keep saying that Casey is not the problem - The Law is. The law is protecting the guilty and it will strike the honest folks trying to do right.

It's the law people - you and I are paying for it too in taxes.