Thursday, June 28, 2007

Blog Notes



IAFF is still up as of noon on Thursday and even with his tricks pageviews are running no more than even to 1/5th more than EN. Todat IAFF is running a statistically insignficant bit below EN. I figured this would be a good time to to take a baseline snapshot in case anything changes.

168 comments:

LossMitPro said...

First!

...And change it shall. :)

~Mark

NotAnOptimist said...

claiming MURST!

NoVa Sideliner said...

First, murst, liverwurst!

NoVa Sideliner said...

Doh! Too many people on EN still!

By the way... uh... what might change, Rob Dawg?

Anonymous said...

Big deal. When Caseys story ends so does EN's.

The reason people come here is b/c Casey is stupid and isn't capitalizing, uh, monetizing his site.

walt526 said...

"what might change, Rob Dawg?"

I assume that they're talking about something ending with the Google fraud that Turdflake and Marty have been using to boast IAFF's popularity. If IAFF loses its place on Google, then the page views decrease markedly. As does the resell value of the site itself.

Mozatta said...

Whoever posted the link to helpmybabylive or whatever it was, thank you. I needed a reason to bash someone and that provided enough material for a nasty email

Honestly, I would say they are more idiotic than Snowflake. All in all, both are scams, but still. I simply shake my head.

Ogg the Caveman said...

@ lawnmowerman, from some threads back:

A quick IAFF-ish aside: are the regular comments about "living in tent cities and Hondas" some bubble in-joke I'm unaware of?

Sort of. I have no idea where it started, but stuff like this was posted all over the place for a while:

It's a new paradigm, and everybody who doesn't buy, now, will be priced out forever. Anybody who does buy will be rewarded with a lifetime of riches, as their property will continue its 30% yearly price increase.

Renters, and anybody born in a future generation, will not be able to afford a $10,000,000 starter home in 15 years. They will live in tent cities, and Hondas.

This asset bubble is different than all of the others - it will never slow down, or pop. The gains are permanent.

Anonymous said...

You would think that EN could do significantly better than a basically DOA site.

Mozatta said...

I think it shows that Casey's story is all over the world, while it seems that most people that log onto EN are here in the US. Notice it's nothing before the typical "work day" begins.

G's G Spot said...

I am considering giving up drinking beer out of cans and bottles and going to an exclusive draft beer system. I think this is good for the environment since I will not be throwing away beer cans/bottles. If we had recycling or if I could use the beer cans for siding on my house then that would be another thing, but we just throw them out with the trash, or burn them on the weekend.

Is this a good environmental argument?

Anonymous said...

Yes change it shall. Casey needs to make IAFF interesting again. Then it will blow EN out of the water. EN can't compete with the Casey marketing machine. Most of the casey traffic EN has came from IAFF. EN can't compete against Casey's narcissistic personality.

lawnmower man said...

Is "still up" another veiled Dawg-hint?

Casey's hosting bill coming overdue, maybe?

Rob Dawg said...

G G,
No. The necessary infrastructure and material and reuse effort for going to kegs is literaly a wash with respect to energy and global footprint. Refrigeration, special handling, CO2tanks, manufacturing taps and kegs and pipes...

Now beer instead of toast for breakfast... there's a way to save the planet.

Anonymous said...

At 12:41 PM, lawnmower man said...
Is "still up" another veiled Dawg-hint?

It's not veiled and it is not a hint dumbass. Reread what he wrote. He means IAFF still up over EN by a 1/5th.

Seriously you en'ers are getting dizzy from sucking so much dog di!ck.

Rob Dawg is human he has no special powers and not everything he says is secret speak for his minions. Idoit. (sic)

cheerios are yummy said...

Mark-
I noticed on the other thread your making some comments about Casey not being able to spend one thin dime without drawing the ire of the courts (I'm paraphrasing)...

Are you (or one of Casey's lenders) planning to initiate an involuntary bankruptcy petition on Snowflake?

To me, that would be about as sweet as him being criminally indicted. :)

Anonymous said...

Of course, Casey still has more unique visitors than you do, consistently. You squeak by him in pageviews, mainly due to instant comments and the quest for "first."

Your unique stats are distorted as well by us VA's who use rotating proxies and refresh every ten seconds.

You are catching up, though, which is hilariously awesome. No reason to play games with statistics, though. I will drink an extra beer to celebrate the first week that EN has more uniques.

p.s. Mark, you are still a douche.

lawnmower man said...

The other interesting thing in the graphs is the very different ratios between visitors and page views.

EN gets fewer visitors than IAFF, but they stick around longer.

IAFF gets more visitors, but a lot of them don't stick. Hit-and-run traffic funneled in from Google searches?

Rob Dawg said...

EN can't compete with the Casey marketing machine. Most of the casey traffic EN has came from IAFF. EN can't compete against Casey's narcissistic personality.

EN cannot but also doesn't want to compete. The IAFF model is unsustainable and frankly uninteresting more recently. I'll take the quality here over the fake quantity they claim any day.

Rob Dawg said...

Hit-and-run traffic funneled in from Google searches?

For now.

Anonymous said...

"EN cannot but also doesn't want to compete. The IAFF model is unsustainable and frankly uninteresting more recently. I'll take the quality here over the fake quantity they claim any day."

Then why bother wasting an entire post grandstanding and making inaccurate claims about your traffic?

Sheesh.

You lie as much as Casey.

Anonymous said...

The tent city thing is from FC.

Anonymous said...

"EN cannot but also doesn't want to compete."

Then why the fascination with the rankings. It's not the first time you've compared the two.

I am not accusing you of this but some times I wonder if one of the reasons the EN faithful hate Casey is because of his google rank.

Also I wonder if this is related to you wanting people to pick screen names. Maybe if I bothered to get a screen name maybe I'd come here more? I don't know.

I suppose it is a little late to claim this is not a troll.

LossMitPro said...

Anon @ 12:32 PM:
”The reason people come here is b/c Casey is stupid and isn't capitalizing, uh, monetizing his site.”

Is that a fact??

Hmmm, well then, perhaps you will clarify which is fact and fiction, as purported by Serin via the Sydney Morning Herald piece: “The ads in Serin blog currently earn him between $US2000 ($2373) and $US3000 a month...” (Read for yourself: http://www.smh.com.au/news/web/blogger-learns-how-to-monetise-hate/2007/06/19/1182019071972.html)

He claims he’s making money, you say he isn’t. Which is it, and how does “monetizing” or not have any bearing whatsoever upon EN’s rankings?

Truth be told, Casey is grinding his teeth over the fact he’s paid Martizmo substantial dollars to “drive” traffic to IAFF, while EN is clearly gaining the benefit in traffic terms. LOL, ahhhhh, justice can be SWEEEEEEET!

Anon @ 12:39 PM:
”EN can't compete against Casey's narcissistic personality.”

Perhaps true. But what good does it do one, when “profit” generated from like efforts can’t be spent? I say let Casey knock himself out promoting IAFF, all the better for purposes to come very shortly.

cheerios are yummy @ 12:47 PM:
”Are you (or one of Casey's lenders) planning to initiate an involuntary bankruptcy petition on Snowflake?”

(Biting lower lip...) Oh a little something, something much better.

Anon @ 12:47 PM:
”p.s. Mark, you are still a douche.”

Thanks again, your complement from last time stills stand nonetheless.

~Mark

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am an anonipussy, I can post an make stupid claims because I know I don't have to be accountable.

Rob is a doodiehead and lies about things.

I get to ride both sides of the fence on each post. I also need moneies for beers so Marty pays me per hour to type in foreclosure on google and click on IAFF and encourages me to go to my friends' computers (both of them paco and juan) and do the same from there.

I am a bottom-feeding troll and if you think about it, am far sadder than either the supporterz or haterz.

Even though Marty is 3 weeks behind on paying me, I don't worry too much because I know the same check Casey is using to pay off his debtors, will go to pay me.

Anonymous said...

"The IAFF model is unsustainable" Yes as a foreclosure blog maybe. But it does not have to be. I can see people being hooked long term on the Casey story. he is all the time doing dumb(interest garnering) stuff. And there is a chance, small small small chance that he can turn it around. IAFF can be a blog about Casey life story. Foreclosure could be just what started it.

"frankly uninteresting more recently."
Casey can fix this quick if he'd just start writing his own posts and moderate or just allow instant commenting.

I think you are being overly pessimistic. Dawg.

Sweet Cashback said...

The big difference here is that IAFF does EVERYTHING to generate traffic in order to make money. EN does nothing and is not even linked from IAFF anymore. No comment is let through on IAFF that contains the link to EN.

THAT is the real fun story. Snowflake just doesn't seem to get any marketable traffic out of all his exposure.....

LOL @ CASEY OBSESORS! said...

This guy has you bozos down to a tee!

lawnmower man said...

I just junked four paras of draft comment; Sweet Cashback put it better, and shorter, than I could.

Anonymous said...

LMP:

Fact: The reason most people interested in the Casey story come to EN is because IAFF is stillborn. Once he revives it traffic will be down significantly at EN.

LMP as has been said by others, Mark something about you is creepy. LOL?

Rob Dawg said...

Then why bother wasting an entire post grandstanding and making inaccurate claims about your traffic?

Really? Inaccurate? Please explain.

why the fascination with the rankings. It's not the first time you've compared the two.

Because the rankings matter to Casey. Jeeez, aren't you anons able to keep up?

Galina'sHymen said...

Here is a question I'd love to add to the long list of questions for Casey:

IAFF is a blog about __________.

I, for the life of me, can't tell any more. It was once about his attempts to stop foreclosure. Then his attempts to work out a deal with his debtors. Then his attempts to get rich on investments. Then his attempts to get rich in MLM's. Then his attempts to get out of debt again. Then his attempts to make money off the blog. Now it appears it's to be a blog about his blogging. Or maybe it's a blog about his travels. Or maybe it's a blog about his book deal.

I seriously can't tell. When I try and describe the blog to someone, I don't know where to start anymore or what to define it.

Fear The Murse said...

Some newly registered domains:

iamfacingfinancialruin.com
iamfacingfailure.com
iamfacingpoverty.com
iamfacingchapter7.com
iamfacingchapter11.com
iamfacingchapter13.com

Hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Rob Dawg: Because the rankings matter to Casey. Jeeez, aren't you anons able to keep up?

Yeah that sounds beleivable but just for everybodies clarification can you post a link or something to where Casey said or implied this?

Anonymous said...

"IAFF is a blog about _________"

Casey Serin

lulubear said...

Re: video evidence of why Casey hates Yulia's cat.
http://www.jibjab.com/view/163876

LossMitPro said...

Anon @ 1:07 PM:
”Fact: The reason most people interested in the Casey story come to EN is because IAFF is stillborn. Once he revives it traffic will be down significantly at EN.”

Nope, don’t agree. Casey hasn’t done anything lately without a profit motive. Once that is gone (and it will be) he’ll lose interest in playing war games with them who do so for a living. ;)

”LMP as has been said by others, Mark something about you is creepy..”

Yeah, I get that allot. Especially by them who haven’t an inkling what I’m REALLY up to.

~Mark

Alabama_Swamp_Donkey said...

I read part of that iamarealestatescammer's site(not casey the other), and I have to admit, as a hater (yes I define myself as one), I don't see any action by a haterz that has hurt one of Casey's deals.

Casey hired Marty and Marty is to blame for the clickfraud with google and yahoo. That's it. The rest of Casey's deals that went sour, went sour because of him.

What's worse, Casey HAS EVEN ADMIT THAT. Check his words. Every deal ruined was because he made a mistake, was lazy, too busy, or didn't take something seriously.

I don't personally have to do anything to ruin Casey. He does a fine-enough job on his own.

Anonymous said...

"The big difference here is that IAFF does EVERYTHING to generate traffic in order to make money. EN does nothing and is not even linked from IAFF anymore. No comment is let through on IAFF that contains the link to EN."

Yeah most of EN's Casey-related traffic came from IAFF. En probably doesnt get too much new traffic interested in Casey. Anyway I am here b/c I read about EN in IAFF a while ago.

I am going to check where EN shows up on a gis using "casey serin"

Galina'sHymen said...

As far as Marty goes, I hope you don't get cancer right before a loved-one's wedding. I also hope you don't get caught molesting a goat on Christmas Eve and your family has to live with that memory.

Alabama_Swamp_Donkey said...

I think it's funny people can justify EN being the "bad guy" for pointing out the horrible things Casey has already admitted to.

I remember a time where the court of law would have simply hung Casey or threw him in Debtor's Prison to rott.

Casey commits multiple crimes. Casey craps all over his family. Casey skips town. EN is the badguy?

These are the same people that say OJ Simpson and Scott Peterson would unfairly picked on by the media and should be let go.

Anonymous said...

Sad to see so many people who are content in making the same mistakes:

"Though we often think of our era as polarized, the political climate of the 1850s was far worse. At the center of that decade’s violence and vitriol were secret anti-immigration societies. Called “Know Nothings” because their members would play dumb if asked about the organizations, they considered themselves “Native Americans” opposed to increasing immigration. . . One popular Detroit Know Nothing even enjoined his readers to “carry your revolver and shoot down the first Irish rebel that dare insult your person as an American!”

* * *
Few Catholics had lived in America before the Irish arrived, and the nation was at heart fundamentally Protestant. This meant not only bias against Catholic foreigners but also a belief that they were inherently opposed to democracy. Many Protestants considered their Christianity a personal “republicanized” faith that could be applied to politics—to oppose slavery, to ban liquor—without appearing undemocratic. Catholics were seen as mindless “emissaries of bloody and bigoted Rome,” bishops’ pawns incapable of voting their individual consciences [not to mention stereotyped as criminals, and burdens on public resources].

* * *

The Americans ran on an openly xenophobic platform, calling for a 21-year waiting period before naturalization, literacy tests for voting, and a ban on Catholics serving in government."

http://www.americanheritage.com/events/articles/web/20061104-know-nothing-nativism-american-party-immigration-catholicism.shtml

At least we learn from our mistakes, right? Oh, wait . . .

Some good immigration quotes:

"Remember that when you say "I will have non of this exile and this stranger for his face is not like my face and his speech is strange," you have denied America with that word."

- Stephen Vincent Benet

"Everywhere immigrants have enriched and strengthened the fabric of American life."

- John F. Kennedy

"Remember, remember always, that all of us... are descended from immigrants and revolutionists. "

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Sweet Cashback said...

I am going to check where EN shows up on a gis using "casey serin"

As far as I can see the first google search hit for EN is on page 10.....

Sweet Cashback said...

EN is #4 for "fliptard". THAT must be where EN gets all its traffic from......SWEEEEET

cheerios are yummy said...

Mark-
Ooooh, I do love a good intrigue. As it is, I'll wait patiently for whatever it is you guys are cooking up. Hopefully by the end of next week we'll all have a better idea of just what scheme you're brewing. :)

Speaking of which...

My fifth wedding anniversary is next Friday...I'm sure my beloved will just LOVE me scrolling repetitively on the crack-berry just to see if there are any EN updates (giggle).

Anonymous said...

"These are the same people that say OJ Simpson and Scott Peterson would unfairly picked on by the media and should be let go."

I am an En hater and your characterization does not match me. but thanks for trying.

Have a nice day.

oh, and,

Mark is creepy

markascreepy said...

LMP you sure do spend a lot of time repeatedly telling us that you don't care what we think of you.

That's the ol' overcompensation kicking in.

Alabama_Swamp_Donkey said...

Aren't you EN-haterz/CaseySupporterZ/MartysVirtualAss glad you have a place for your own personal discourse?

Think about it, without EN, there would be no place to post your thoughts or feelings on the whole drama unfolding. I mean, IAFF used to let you, but Casey didn't like the negative attention to his details or control over the content. At least here, you still have a place to express your freedom of speech.

Mocha said...

I just loooooooooooooove Casey!!!!!

Anonymous said...

--no more time than you spend tellng him what you think of him.

Anonymous said...

STFU Mock-Mocha. You're too articulate to be the REAL MOCHA.

Alabama_Swamp_Donkey said...

hahaha, I wonder what's worse, running backwards, naked, through a cornfield or spending the night with Mocha?

I guess Casey would attest that your ass, really can't tell the difference.

Property Flopper said...

Anon 1:22

Nice try to throw the red herring - what part of ILLEGAL immigrant do you not understand?

Immigrants do contribute to the US... those that are here legally are quite welcome. All the quotes you have above refer to legal immigrants.

Mocha's Butt said...

I'm tired of being an ass.

Anonymous said...

At 1:00 PM, LossMitPro said...
Anon @ 12:32 PM:
”The reason people come here is b/c Casey is stupid and isn't capitalizing, uh, monetizing his site.”
Is that a fact??

Does it sound like a fact you fucking idiot?

What only the EN faithful can make speculation sound like fact?

Why don't you harp on them? b/c they picked a screen name? You creepy little bitch.

Anonymous said...

I bet Rob loves seeing the same ip's post the same anonitroll crap.

Anonymous said...

At 1:36 PM, Alabama_Swamp_Donkey said...
Aren't you EN-haterz glad you have a place for your own personal discourse?

I am.

signed, EN-Hater

Rob Dawg said...

Anonymous said...
I bet Rob loves seeing the same ip's post the same anonitroll crap.


I especially love when some people decide to abandon their screen name and go full anon once they get one Mimosa too many in them.

Anonymous said...

"At 1:38 PM, Anonymous said...
--no more time than you spend tellng him what you think of him."

Not true there has got to be at least 5 Mark is creepy people. So mark spends 5 times as much time as me. Thanks though. nice try. try again...mark.

Anonymous said...

Property Flopper,

The idea of an "illegal immigrant" is a relatively new concept and doesn't apply to the time period I described. From another post:

"But these accounts are flawed, historians say. Until 1918, the United States did not require passports; the term "illegal immigrant" had no meaning. New arrivals were required only to prove their identity and find a relative or friend who could vouch for them.

Customs agents kept an eye out for lunatics and the infirm (and after 1905, for anarchists). Ninety-eight percent of immigrants who arrived at Ellis Island were admitted to the United States, and 78 percent spent less than eight hours on the island. (The U.S.-Mexico border then was unguarded and freely crossed in either direction.)

"Shipping companies did the health inspections in Europe because they didn't want to be stuck taking someone back," said Nancy Foner, a sociology professor at Hunter College and author of "From Ellis Island to JFK: New York's Two Great Waves of Immigration.""

So it was more because there was no such thing as illegal immigration, hence virtually all immigration was legal. You weren't going to be turned away because of any sort of quotas or misguided need to protect "American" interests.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003265600_impghistory20.html

Anonymous said...

"At 1:44 PM, Anonymous said...
I bet Rob loves seeing the same ip's post the same anonitroll crap."

Why?

LossMitPro said...

markascreepy @ 1:32 PM:
”LMP you sure do spend a lot of time repeatedly telling us that you don't care what we think of you. …That's the ol' overcompensation kicking in.”

No actually that’s my sympathy “kicking in” for them who can’t seem to grasp a pittance of what is written before them. Beside that, I’ve been called worse by better so ain’t no thang.

Boy-o is that the BEST you can do? For Pete’s sake if you’re gonna Troll, at least be more creative?

Anon @ 1:42 PM:
”You creepy little bitch.”
 
That’s “Mr. Creepy Little Bitch” if ya don’t mind?

~Mark

Anonymous said...

And how are those quotes not relevant in a debate deciding who should and who shouldn't be a "legal" immigrant?

Anonymous said...

At 1:47 PM, Rob Dawg said...
"I especially love when some people decide to abandon their screen name and go full anon once they get one Mimosa too many in them."

That's funny.

Anonymous said...

so you you know Rob, my coworkers love posting too :) And by coworkers, I mean another guy in my dept. heh

Anonymous said...

Yeah I got half my office (IP address) reading the casey saga.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the team of anonytrolls could no longer be sustained by 'ol "deep pockets".

Now we have to deal with Mocha, Travington or Deep-Pockets-Alexa-Gamer himself. Maybe it's this supporter from Brisbane. Apparently he has one supporter in AUS. And how many people TRULY believe that Fliptard has only spent $300 in three weeks? There was a hotel stay at least one night - don't think anyone covered that. How much for the rental vehicle?

Anonymous said...

@How do you know there are five if they're all under the same name? It could be one other guy posting alot, or it could be just you, which is what I suspect.

Sharky said...

lawnmow;

"EN gets fewer visitors than IAFF, but they stick around longer."

Well...of course.

Over here you can ruminate on what The Oracle LMP just did NOT say.

Speculate about the other shoe that "Imelda" Dawg is fixin'to drop.

Get in a good oldfashioned debate/discussion/flamewar.

Over at ForeclosureFace what is there to do but wag your dick at Kangatard, take a leak in his Murse, and rub Toby's sweaty and pointy coconut.

How long does THAT take?

Mimosa said...

Oh, sure, blame ME.

Alabama_Swamp_Donkey said...

I'm just lazy :) I have a half-dozen or so /16's and a couple hundre /32's I could use to surf from here at the office. It wouldn't do any good through because they are all owned by the same company in IANA.

I don't think it's any secret that most people will say something bold and outragous as anony for the sake of trolling.

On another forum I post to, I've even had knock-down drag-out fights with myself just to play devil's advocate.

Rob Dawg said...

Mimosa has left a new comment on your post "Blog Notes":

Oh, sure, blame ME.


Not blaming, just jealous they aren't sharing you with the rest of us. Did you bring enough of you for the whole dawg pack?

Anonymous said...

@Ogg

I believe the statement about tents and Hondas originated here

Even if I am mistaken, the site is still a good (funny) read.

Anonymous said...

"At 1:57 PM, Anonymous said...
@How do you know there are five if they're all under the same name? It could be one other guy posting alot, or it could be just you, which is what I suspect."

Maybe it was all just Mark. He has been both sides. Posting as anon calling himself creepy then as LMP saying stupid creepy sh!t.

~Mark

Property Flopper said...

Anon 1:51

> The idea of an "illegal
> immigrant" is a relatively new
> concept and doesn't apply to the
> time period I described.

Ah... one of the quotes is JFK. He is significatly after 1918. :)

LossMitPro said...

@ Sharky

Too funny, have me in stitches (don’t get “US” started now)!

~Mark

Anonymous said...

It is definitely me. But also my four coworkers all agree mark is creepy. they said they have posted it. So now it is at least 5. So you are wrong.

Rob Dawg said...

How many times has the the therapist tried to tell you? Your multiple personalities are not "coworkers."

Sharky said...

Rob Dawg;

"Your multiple personalities are not "coworkers." "

and yes...that means your accountant is going to advise you against claiming them as "dependents"on your taxes.

oh...wait...you're from Caseyworld.

See, we have these things here called "taxes", and...ahh, screw it! never mind!

Harvey The Rabbit said...

Oh, sure, next you'll say I don't exist!

LossMitPro said...

Yes, I’ve come to the considered conclusion that trying to figure out who is posting in Anon, is like trying to determine who farted amongst cocktail party guests... Or whom leaked in the pool for that matter, Mimosa overdoses notwithstanding.

~Mark

Sharky Fan said...

Talk about creepy:
Sharky said: "Over at ForeclosureFace what is there to do but wag your dick at Kangatard, take a leak in his Murse, and rub Toby's sweaty and pointy coconut.

How long does THAT take?




You Go Girl!!!

Mimosa said...

AGAIN with the blame!

I need a lawyer.

Anonymous said...

At 2:08 PM, Rob Dawg said...
How many times has the the therapist tried to tell you? Your multiple personalities are not "coworkers."

oh ho ho. You are sooo funny we almost forgot to laugh.

ps dont take this this the wrong way, i still hate you.

Sharky said...

Sharky Fan:

"You Go Girl!!!"

Toby....that you?

What's this? A Busman's Holiday?

Toby said...

Busman's Holiday

Dear Evan: I recently heard the phrase "busman's holiday" again for the first time in many years. I know that it means "doing on your day off the same thing that you do at work," but where did it come from? Do people still use this phrase, or is it pretty much extinct? -- D.M., Brooklyn, NY.

The phrase is, sadly, pretty much extinct today although the practice itself is alive and well. In fact, my competence to use the computer on which I'm typing this column is the result of many "busman's holidays" generously donated by friends who run computer systems for a living. The demise of the phrase "busman's holiday" is a pity, because its popularly accepted origin is a truly charming story.

It is said that the drivers of horse-drawn omnibuses in London in the 19th century were so solicitous of their horses' well-being that the drivers would often spend their days off surreptitiously riding as passengers on their own trolleys to make sure that the substitute driver was treating their horses well. This practice was so widespread, it is said, that "busman's holiday" came to mean, as you say, "doing on your day off the same thing you do all week at work," with the added connotation that you are doing it out of the goodness of your heart.

Alabama_Swamp_Donkey said...

Rob, it's not mimosa, it's absinthe.

Anonymous said...

LMP's (Mark) Gratuitous inclusion of superfluous words is very odiferous.

Tom said...

Ah... one of the quotes is JFK. He is significatly after 1918.

And so was Roosevelt, if I recall.

The major problem I see with the whole "immigration" issue is that those who advocate amnesty or "special treatment" for illegal immigrants always try to bring the racial argument into the fracas. You are "anti-hispanic" if you do not support amnesty for illegal immigrants.

Yet how many people here (and elsewhere) have issue with legal hispanic immigrants? There are tons of them in this country. And quite frankly, I enjoy their company. So why does a discussion on "illegal immigration" suddenly balloon into an issue that tries to indicate everyone is against ALL immigration?

The issue is illegals. Nothing more. There isn't a single individual (except members of the KKK) that are trying to stifle legal immigration. Hell, this country does not have a birth rate that sustains the increase in population. So obviously, we are growing as a culture because of immigration. Who would deny that?

But what happens if you abolish the notion of illegal immigration? Are the individuals screaming for amnesty honestly saying that we should not police the border between Mexico and the USA any longer? So we should revert back to the 1918 philosophy of "come one, come all"? Honestly folks, use a little foresight.

In my opinion, if you want to deal with this issue effectively, you go after the true enablers: the greedy Walmarts and such that exploit these workers by having them function under slave conditions while they bask in their corporate profits. That would be a great step forward in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

Property Flopper,

Do you think Mexican immigrants are somehow unique or distinct from other immigrant groups in their ability to "enriched and strengthened the fabric of American life" as described by JFK?

Anonymous said...

CreepyMitPro said: "Maybe it was all just Mark. He has been both sides. Posting as anon calling himself creepy then as LMP saying stupid creepy sh!t."

It is funny you say this considering the anonymous troll posts claiming to be respected posters and talkcast participants, and a lone anonymous troll post from the last week or two that had your little sig line on it, almost as if you had forgotten you were posting in troll mode.

Strangely, nobody mentioned it.

Anonymous said...

Actually what I really wanted to say was that the way mark writes is phony. It seems like he finds a big word then tries to fit other smaller words that he knows around it. While I am not so hot at it. I appreciate good writing. I know big words but dont use them. Reading John Updike has tot me lots o big words.

...and stuff.

Anonymous said...

"In my opinion, if you want to deal with this issue effectively, you go after the true enablers: the greedy Walmarts and such that exploit these workers by having them function under slave conditions while they bask in their corporate profits."

That's entirely correct - which is why it will never happen.

"So we should revert back to the 1918 philosophy of "come one, come all"? Honestly folks, use a little foresight."

That philosophy served our country extremely well and is largely why we are a great nation. Isn't there a lack of foresight in unecessarily restricting immigration?

lawnmower man said...

@LossMitPro: Truth be told, Casey is grinding his teeth over the fact he’s paid Martizmo substantial dollars to “drive” traffic to IAFF.

I've been speculating for a while that Marty is on retainer -- it's not in his JV proposal, but most of the other proposals that leaked out through Alexa had PageDaddy being paid $1000--$2000 a month.

Are you also speculating, or are you tipping your hand a little? Is there any joice you know -- or can share -- about the nature of the Casey/Marty deal?

Anonymous said...

@2:26pm

I wrote your quote. I have always been anon. I have never claimed to be a respected poster or a talkcast participant.

I dont know what you mean about the sig line. I think I have been the only one to write shit as sh!t. but there could be others.

I always post as anon and 90-95% of the time am trollish.

Not sure what you are getting at.

Anonymous said...

" At 1:06 PM, LOL @ CASEY OBSESORS! said...

This guy has you bozos down to a tee!"

I can't find what you are talking about. I just see a post about interest rates.

Sharky said...

Tom:

"Yet how many people here (and elsewhere) have issue with legal hispanic immigrants?"

I do...I married one..."Spanish Land Grant" line, no less.

At one point,I think they owned 20% of what is now New Mexico.

Issues? Lord Above but I gots issues.

BTW...you should hear HER come down on illegals.

Which is why I "get" where Mr. Villasenor is coming from.

(His name should be a dead giveaway to his caste).

Casey Serin said...

Hi Mocha!!

Anonymous said...

one hundred and murst

Anonymous said...

100

Anonymous said...

"I wrote your quote. I have always been anon. I have never claimed to be a respected poster or a talkcast participant."

I apologize. I wasn't paying attention. I was responding to the suggestion that Mark is one of the anonymous troll posters. Here is the post I was referring to from June 21st.

Again, odd that nobody mentioned it. It was during the height of the troll infestation. Here is the direct link.

"Anonymous said...

"Fixed that for ya, with bold. IF you are gonna try make a go of this, ya gotta realize it's all about the volume; no time to waste trying to be fancy. I'll be checking your next work."

Thanks for looking out for me. I'll try harder.

~Mark"

If it was an anon imposter pretending to be LMP forgetting not to sign his post, it seems like they would have used it on something more inflammatory, or more than once.

Tom said...

That philosophy served our country extremely well and is largely why we are a great nation. Isn't there a lack of foresight in unecessarily restricting immigration?

And if you want to be the true Red Herring, one can say slavery served our country very well. As did stealing land from the natives.

Any other pre-1918 concepts you also want to advocate? Women weren't voting back then either.

"Past performance is not an indication of future results...."

Anonymous said...

Mark why bother posting anon. I don't know about anybody else but I can spot your posts pretty easy.

Anonymous said...

Slavery and denying women suffrage were both ended because of purely moral reasons (ignoring the complicated reasons for the civil war).

Are you saying immigration is immoral?

"Past performance is not an indication of future results...."

Past performance is a far better indicator than unfounded assumptions and "gut feelings".

mejustme said...

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous said...
so you you know Rob, my coworkers love posting too :) And by coworkers, I mean another guy in my dept. heh


At 1:56 PM, Anonymous said...
Yeah I got half my office (IP address) reading the casey saga.


Are we supposed to believe these are two different people?

Rob, please set your server to "stun."

Property Flopper said...

2:26 PM, Anonymous said...
> Property Flopper,
>
> Do you think Mexican immigrants are
> somehow unique or distinct from other
> immigrant groups in their ability
> to "enriched and strengthened the
> fabric of American life" as
> described by JFK?

Ya keep trying to throw ALL immigrants into the discussion - nice way to divert the discussion over to racisim.

Again - what part of ILLEGAL do you not understand?

I have no problem with Mexican immigrants, I have a big problem with ILLEGAL immigrants. Read any of my comments on the issue and point out where I mention anything but ILLEGALS.

Ya can't... BUT ya also can't argue for ILLEGAL immigration, so you just throw all immigrants into the same mix and hope to confuse the issue.

Best way to tell you've cornered someone in an arguement - they quickly try to change what they're arguing. Topic is ILLEGAL immigrants bud... stick to it.

BTW: One of my co-workers is out of the office currently dealing with paperwork for her green card. She's been working on the process for three years and hoping to finalize this month. You want to hear someone go off on illegals? Try talking with someone who has gone through the trouble to be legal.

You'll get an earfull....

mejustme said...

Or whom leaked in the pool for that matter, Mimosa overdoses notwithstanding.

Mark, you did it again.

Please learn how to use "whom" correctly.

Hint: never subjective case.

Tom said...

Slavery and denying women suffrage were both ended because of purely moral reasons (ignoring the complicated reasons for the civil war).

No argument there. Yet one cannot deny that they "served" the country well. In the end, morality trumped greed and ignorance. (Well, maybe not ignorance)

"Are you saying immigration is immoral?"

I am saying illegal immigration serves the country (and the corporations) through unfair explotation of illegal labor. And that is immoral.

So if your grounds for abolishing slavery based on morality are sound, why does the concept not translate into the illegal immigration realm? The parallels are striking in my opinion. Although I am sure the Walton family would disagree.

Tom said...

BTW: One of my co-workers is out of the office currently dealing with paperwork for her green card. She's been working on the process for three years and hoping to finalize this month. You want to hear someone go off on illegals? Try talking with someone who has gone through the trouble to be legal.

Oh, and I should add: I am also an immigrant. Spent 2 years on my green card process as well.

Sharky said...

Tom:

"In the end, morality trumped greed and ignorance."

One wee quibble...Greed and morality went handin hand on that 'un.

A "Free Man" will workfor less money than a "Slave" will...

(No capital investment in a "Free Man"...he's a "rental person").

Other than that, I'm readin'

Gordon Sanders said...

I just had to post this. I think that THIS is what we wish Casey Serin would do, but can't stay focused long enough to accomplish..... KUDOS DK!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.debtkid.com/the-turning-point-i-am-not-facing-foreclosure
--------------------------------------------------------------------

The Turning Point -
I Am Not Facing Foreclosure!Posted by debt kid on June 28th, 2007
Wow.

I can’t even begin to describe the sheer awesomeness of the past two days. Yesterday was a turning point, I can feel it. It was the day I’ve been working so hard to achieve, and I hope it can be my turning point. I still have an incredibly long and difficult road ahead, but days like yesterday make me think I have a shot.
Here’s What Happened

I Made my biggest sale ever to kick off our new Plan “B” project at my office. The Sale was 4 times bigger than any one I’ve ever had. The client I signed is also the perfect client to help launch this new division at my office.
I found out the buyer agreed to cover more costs in the short sale of my house. I signed the short sale papers today. A big chunk of my original $334K in unsecured debt is now gone.
It looks like I have a decent shot @ winning the Bloghunt Contest at DebtCC
I got offered a part-time contract writing gig @ Lending Club, this could provide the income I need to live outside my office.
I rewarded myself with a frosty/large fry combo from Wendy’s (It’s an amazing hot/cold + sweet/salty combo. Try it sometime)
Like I said, It was a very good day yesterday.

What Now?

I’m spending some time today at the office, and then back to the house to finish last minute goodwill runs and cleanup. I think possession of the house will transfer tomorrow, so tonight will be my last in the home. I have my layout all setup to move into the office, and to anyone looking in, nothing will look different at all due to the layout of my office.
What’s Ahead?

Short Term - Move into office. Prepare all paperwork for bankruptcy filing. Continue new projects at my office.

Medium Term - Find a permanent place to live (not in the office), Grow my business to 20K in monthly revenue (currently just over 7K), finish any and all bankruptcy issues

Longer Term - Pay down the aprox 307K in debt I still have left, including the 147K that I owe my mother.
Why do I want to be debt free so bad?

Women.

I’m serious. I haven’t had a girlfriend in years, and it’s very difficult to be open and honest and meet new women when you are 24, living in your office, and 300K in debt. So all this whole debt mess needs to get taken care of ASAP.
Plus, debt sucks. It makes you do stuff like lie to your friends.

But I really do want to get married someday!

Anonymous said...

Tom,

"I am saying illegal immigration serves the country (and the corporations) through unfair explotation of illegal labor. And that is immoral."

It is - but why isn't the solution to simply make the labor legal by recognizing the legal status of the immigrants, as we've historically in this country?"

Anonymous said...

Property Flopper,

We're debating whether those same people SHOULD be classified AS ILLEGAL immigrants or not as a matter of POLICY. If you think drawing parallels and comparisons to other waves of immigration, particularly when there was no such thing as "illegal immigration" as we're discussing it, then I don't know what to say to you.

Anonymous said...

http://www.hammarmaskin.se/en_hi.php

Hammar is a swedish company making leverage tools LOL

Anonymous said...

http://www.cmhammar.com/

Or life jackets///

re-loool

Anonymous said...

Property Flopper,

"Best way to tell you've cornered someone in an arguement - they quickly try to change what they're arguing. Topic is ILLEGAL immigrants bud... stick to it."

I'm not sure if you're actually understanding what I'm saying, so I'll phrase it as simply as possible.

JFK's quote: ""Everywhere immigrants have enriched and strengthened the fabric of American life."

Pretend, however briefly, that all Mexican immigration is entirely legal, ala pre-1918.

In my hyopthetical, does JFK's quote still apply to Mexicans? Do they enrich and strengthen American life as much as other immigrant groups, or are they unique in some way?

Rob Dawg said...

simply make the labor legal by recognizing the legal status of the immigrants

Making them legal means they cannot be exploited which means they are no longer economical to be employed which explodes the unemployment rolls. Why are people having trouble with this? The lousy jobs are there because of the supply of cheap labor not the other way around.

LossMitPro said...

Anon @ 2:23 PM:
”LMP's (Mark) Gratuitous inclusion of superfluous words is very odiferous.”

Yeah, gee, thanks. Although if you’d quit trying to lick yourself, ya’d find the odor less pungent.

lawnmower man @ 2:31 PM:
”Are you also speculating, or are you tipping your hand a little? Is there any joice you know -- or can share -- about the nature of the Casey/Marty deal?”

LMM:
No not “speculating” in the least but I could be tipping a hand to Marty in providing more detail, given Casey knows what I got (Marty doesn’t to the best of my knowledge -- and given Casey fears him, I have to believe that presumption is still accurate). Put it this way (the substance of which I’ll fully disclose next week), the evidence is unquestionable and conclusive; Casey & Marty ARE, certainly, engaging in criminal conduct under the guise of a legitimate business venture. (Yeah, it’s like that.)

And when I say “evidence” I’m talking about more than testimony, but the jaw dropping kind with respect to the Dimwitted Duo. The type that can’t be ignored or justified as “mistake” or naiveté. (Heeelllloooo, Casey, knock on computer screen! Don’t sweat too many grass-shots figuring out the deal; face it, you’ve got a dead hand.)

...Who was it that challenged warfare and flaunted invulnerability? (GRIN)

Anon @ 2:52 PM:
”Mark why bother posting anon. I don't know about anybody else but I can spot your posts pretty easy.”

Ok, Inspector Clouseau, ya got me; you’re remarkable. Moving on...

~Mark

The Dude said...

Casey Serin would do, but can't stay focused long enough to accomplish.....

That's...won't...he can, he doesn't want to

Rob Dawg said...

Actually the recent waves of illegal Mexican immigrants have been different. They are not assimilating and they are not forsaking their origins. They are attempting and succeeding in occupying American soil and establishing ties back to where they mantain their allegiences.

Tom said...

It is - but why isn't the solution to simply make the labor legal by recognizing the legal status of the immigrants, as we've historically in this country

Because the issue is two-fold, as previous posters (and myself) have indicated.

On the one hand, you have the immoral explotation of cheap labor, perpetrated by certain sectors of the economy and particular corporations.

The other issue is the notion of circumventing the law. For a country to advocate equal treatment across all facets of its structure, that would imply that fair and balanced spans the entire spectrum. What type of message would be sent if certain laws applied to one set of individuals but for another group, those laws were "overlooked" or negated? Why do the people who voice the strongest opinion on illegal immigration often stem from legal immigration?

Its a question of degrees. A fair and balanced society cannot play favorites. It is as simple as that.

Our "legal" immigration system already has copious less than equitable loopholes within it. Certain immigrants from specific countries are entitled to "refuge status". Immigrants from other countries do not fall into that scope.
Whether one agrees or disagrees with those particular facets of the law is open to debate. But the point is, they are law. Individuals using the immigration system in its current state and adhering to its policies are following legal channels.

That is ultimately what it boils down to, as another poster indicated. Legal versus illegal. I think it sends a terrible message and sets a horrible precident when one circumvents the law and the government endorses that unlawful behavior. That to me is tantamount to Nixon's "presidential pardon". Preferential treatment which I disagree with, as an immigrant who attained status legally.

Anonymous said...

"Making them legal means they cannot be exploited which means they are no longer economical to be employed which explodes the unemployment rolls. Why are people having trouble with this? The lousy jobs are there because of the supply of cheap labor not the other way around."

So you're saying that a business won't try to hire an American for below minimum wage (no, because there is no shortage of minimum wage jobs and employment is, relativel, very low), but are willing to hire mexican immigrants for the same thing?

How does changing their legal status effect the decision of the company to hire them?

Mexicans will continue to immigrate as long as it finds an economy willing to give them jobs, not after. Are you honestly saying you're afraid of Mexicans immigrating here because you're afraid they won't find work?

Alabama_Swamp_Donkey said...

Mark,

You realize, of course, that you're not helping Casey to want to return to the states :)

Anonymous said...

LMP: Yeah, gee, thanks. Although if you’d quit trying to lick yourself, ya’d find the odor less pungent.

Actually you are the one that is constantly up Robs Ass.

Grammar Nazi said...

Aym goose-stepping all ovah your posts!

Ayf found an echrror! I'm bettah zhan yoo!

Sieg Heil

Rob Dawg said...

Casey is headed for some bad times. His up/down cycle is headed down at the same time his stay is ending and a whole lot of unavoidable issues are eating away at the walls of Caseyworld™. He needs to be restrained. he could hurt himself or others. If that happens it is our justice system that will have failed.

Anonymous said...

Suicide requires follow-through.

We're talking about Casey here.

Anonymous said...

"Actually the recent waves of illegal Mexican immigrants have been different. They are not assimilating and they are not forsaking their origins. They are attempting and succeeding in occupying American soil and establishing ties back to where they mantain their allegiences."

That's ridiculous. How much of a chance have most mexican immigrants had to "assimilate" since Mexican immigration picked up in the 80's? I was at the San Gennaro festival this year in New York - many second, third, and fourth generation Italians waving the Italian flag and celebrating, proudly, their Italian heritage. Are they somehow not "assimilated" or less American than you?


That's the most absurd thing you wrote - you're implying that, if we were to grant them citizenship this instant, they and their culture in the future would somehow be less "American" that anyone else - a concept that overlooks the central strength of America - the idea that, because we're just a patchwork of different cultures and beliefs from different countires, we can adapt to new challenges in the world unlike any other country.

1. Do you want to work hard and make a better life for you and your family?

2. Agree to obey our laws? (we'll see what we can do about the "illegal immigrant" one)

3. Welcome to the US. You're as American as anyone here.

Or, just be born here and don't even do that. This isn't France - no one is "more" American than anyone else.

LossMitPro said...

Alabama_Swamp_Donkey @ 3:21 PM:
”You realize, of course, that you're not helping Casey to want to return to the states :)”

I hear ya, but it doesn’t matter if he’s state-side (Cali) or not. After all does a steamroller give a rat’s rump if a Nat rests in its path, once them mechanisms start turning?

~Mark

Anonymous said...

"That is ultimately what it boils down to, as another poster indicated. Legal versus illegal. I think it sends a terrible message and sets a horrible precident when one circumvents the law and the government endorses that unlawful behavior."

Agreed - however, we, as citizens, get to decide what the law will be.

You're afraid of different immigration policies for different countries (what we do now) as "unfair"? - I agree, and think we should have a standardized, extremely permissive immigration policy for anyone that wants to come here (and is not a serious criminal or carrying certain diseases).

Does that alleviate your concers?

eek said...

@anon

I thought Rob Dawg said it pretty clearly. Recap. You give illegals legal status and their wages go up. Businesses lose the advantage of having cheap labor, fires them and gets another set of illegals. The newly legal are now unemployed and collect welfare, YAY.

Tom said...

You're afraid of different immigration policies for different countries (what we do now) as "unfair"? - I agree, and think we should have a standardized, extremely permissive immigration policy for anyone that wants to come here (and is not a serious criminal or carrying certain diseases).

So you are saying that a standardized, extremely permissive immigration policy can be easily absorbed by our system? In other words, no policy whatsoever and anyone who wants to come here can just walk in? Provided of course, that they are not criminals or felons in their home country. In other words, the good old honor system?

Boy, certain folks in the middle easy are already salivating at the prospect of that.

Any working current models you care to analog? Which country has a completely permissive, door wide open policy that is effective?

Tom said...

Recap. You give illegals legal status and their wages go up. Businesses lose the advantage of having cheap labor, fires them and gets another set of illegals. The newly legal are now unemployed and collect welfare, YAY

Compounded by the fact that the moment you provide a loophole, you open the floodgates. Once amnesty is "endorsed", you create a precident to encourage more illegals to circumvent the system in the same fashion. On and on the cycle goes until you produce a welfare state.

I've travelled abroad and I have yet to encounter a westernized nation that does not have strict immigration policies. In fact, the USA (and Canada) have some of the most lax immigration standards of any nation in NATO. Don't believe me? Try getting legal status in Great Britain. Or France. Or Australia.

As the old adage goes, give a mouse a cracker, and he'll ask for a piece of cheese.

Anonymous said...

"Businesses lose the advantage of having cheap labor, fires them and gets another set of illegals."

First, it would be difficult for them to get another set of illegals ala Mexico with its shared border.

Second, why would wages necessarily go up? I would be completely in favor of reducing the minimum wage (which most economists agree is a bad thing), if that's what you mean. Most research shows that Americans don't want to do the jobs that illegal immigrants now do.

"The newly legal are now unemployed and collect welfare, YAY."

First, this is an entirely seperate issue - why isn't the solution to elminate "welfare" as you call it, rather than build a wall and restrict immigration?

Second, even without eliminating it, these are immigrants who want to build a better life (like all immigrants) - at the most extreme, within a few generations they will have provided a net benefit economically.

The Dude said...

Is there any truth to the rumor Casey is going to join the WWE to fill the void left by Benoit's death?

WeWantTheFunk said...

What we should all fear most is Casey somehow meeting debtkid. It'd be like a matter-antimatter reaction that would crack the planet in two.

Debtkid came up with a plan, cut down on EVERYTHING (he subsists on Ramen and celebrates a windfall with a frosty with an order of fries!), is in constant contact with his creditors, sticks doggedly to his plans, and works like a bastard. And what the hell, he's paying it off.

Casey takes exotic vacations and finds ways to borrow more money.

Anonymous said...

rob dawg: he could hurt himself or others.

Dang it did I miss something. I've never read anything indicating Casey is violent. All the indications I've read is that he is totally not violent. Rob fill me in what did I miss. Or are you speculating (not casey type speculating).

Anonymous said...

"I've travelled abroad and I have yet to encounter a westernized nation that does not have strict immigration policies. In fact, the USA (and Canada) have some of the most lax immigration standards of any nation in NATO. Don't believe me? Try getting legal status in Great Britain. Or France. Or Australia."

Hm . . . do you mean to tell me that France and Great Britain have strict immigration AND have a sprawling welfate state that dwarfs the US's? Could there be a correlation? Could it be that citizens in a country most socialist have the most to "lose" by not allowing new immigrants? Can you see why Europe is getting "older"?

On the flip side, can you see how a county with the smallest welfare state has the most to gain by lax immigration? Can you see why we're the economic powerhouse we are? And why we're perpetually "young"?

Alabama_Swamp_Donkey said...

WeWantTheFunk:

I agree, but I think that was covered in "TimeCop".

Casey Fannnnn said...

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the LossMit allegation above. I'll need more info before accepting what I think was said, which is: Casey Serin, and his accomplice Marty Stewart of PageDaddy, engaged in a child prostitution/white slavery endeavor which went horribly wrong, so they murdered a bunch of little girls and burned the bodies in the desert, which freaked Casey so much he ran to Australia, and is living on a soon-to-be-maxed credit card obtained under false pretenses as he wanders the outback in shit-stained, torn jeans, which he hasn't changed or washed in weeks. And he's saving his poops in his murse. Am I inferring properly? Was your drift conveyed?

Wow! Those guys could probably get in trouble for that.

Sharky said...

Speaking of which:

How is Galina holding up?
Anyone in contact with her?

That Anon-San a few weeks ago...that's what she needs.

Some decent fellow to sweep heroff her feet on a vacation away from her little life o'drudgery.

Show her that she need not scrub toilets to support her worthless husband's Jamba Jones and Skype flings.

Tom said...

Most research shows that Americans don't want to do the jobs that illegal immigrants now do.

"Most"? Can you cite the research you are referencing? I keep hearing that argument yet seem to rarely discover the research behind it.

Most Americans have issue living in poverty. Lowering the minimum wage is not the answer. Raising it is what needs to be done. Because most Americans do not want to work for slave wages. And justifiably so. And this goes back to the original issue: the exploitation of individuals for the benefit of the corporations.

And you want to eliminate welfare too?

So let's itemize:

- illegal immigrants a-ok; grant amnesty
- no more border between USA and Mexico
- completely wide-open immigration policy; come one, come all
- reduce minimum wage
- abolish welfare

Wow. Quite the utopia you have there. Did I miss anything?

Gordon Sanders said...

WWTF,

Yep that is quite funny and they are definately opposites.

I keep wanting him to see the light and can't believe how he can manage to always take the easy road rather than the hard one. His goal is one that most everyone shares, independence, wealth, but to focus so hard on the goal means that you take every shortcut imaginable rather than the slow and steady tortoise. Maybe thats it, he needs to hear about the tortoise and haire again? Who knows i just hope that he eventually will "get right with his world and his actions". I really do want to see his best side, but dont see that happening in the near future.

...g

Anonymous said...

"So you are saying that a standardized, extremely permissive immigration policy can be easily absorbed by our system? In other words, no policy whatsoever and anyone who wants to come here can just walk in? Provided of course, that they are not criminals or felons in their home country. In other words, the good old honor system?

Boy, certain folks in the middle easy are already salivating at the prospect of that.

"Any working current models you care to analog? Which country has a completely permissive, door wide open policy that is effective?"

Not an honor system. We would rigorously check each person (passport required) entering for any sort of terrorist connections. I could even be convinced to "close the door" to certain countries if the terrorism threat was high enough.

"Boy, certain folks in the middle easy are already salivating at the prospect of that."

Yes, they are salivating - to immigrate to the United States and take advantage of our world class higher education system, seek prosperity for their families and contribute to the American economy, and become Americans (and they are doing it as fast as we will let them).

Not the honor system - through whatever technology possible we would screen out convicted criminals.

Not a terrorist? Not a criminal? No special diseases? Welcome aboard (I could be convinced that there should be a few steps before full citizenship - but not longer than ten years).

"Any working current models you care to analog? Which country has a completely permissive, door wide open policy that is effective?"

Yes - the United States for most of its existence.

Anonymous said...

A note about my experiences with assimilation...

I'm a fourth generation Polish-American. My great-grandparents came to this country (legally) in the early 1900s and didn't speak a lick of English. In fact, they never had to learn English...the foreman at the meatpacking plant in Chicago was Lithuanian and spoke enough Polish to order the rabble around. The whole neighborhood was Polish. Their son (my grandfather) grew up speaking Polish at home and English at school. He was very good at school (dropped out in high school), but he didn't want a life in the stockyards (which we declining anyway) so he hired on with the B&O Railroad as a carman. His wife was a product of the same situation: daughter of a Polish-only household but was billingual herself. Their son (my father) only speaks English as by then the original Polish neighborhood had dissolved. He was the first in the family to go to college and ended up moving to sunny California and marrying an Irish-German woman (whose family history was very similar to his...just different countries and languages). And now I'm here, a true American with no ties to the old country.

I guess my point is that assimilation doesn't happen overnight. It took a few generations for my Eastern-European family to "blend in" with the rest of the country. Maybe it will be different with these immigrants, but I doubt it.

(I don't have anything to add to the illegal vs. legal debate...one I fear will never be won.)

Anonymous said...

Casey is the exact opposite of illegal immigrants.

Anonymous said...

Casey is the exact opposite of illegal immigrants.

Sharky said...

Anon:

"Can you see why Europe is getting "older"?"

Your view of "Europe" is distinctly "vanilla".

Caucasian Europe is indeed getting older, but the Europe of color is getting younger all the time.

Fact is, European whites are being outbred by their former colonial subjects.

Hasn't led to any "economic powerhouses" over there...that's the thing about a welfare state.

It swallows any gains in GDP with nary a belch.

Look at our own comparatively meager entitlements debt load here.

Anonymous said...

"Most Americans have issue living in poverty. Lowering the minimum wage is not the answer."

The minimum wage increases unemployment and poverty. Anyone who has taken a basic econ class will know this.

http://www.house.gov/jec/cost-gov/regs/minimum/50years.htm

Welfare, (at least on the federal level), was reformed pretty well by Clinton. I'm not opposed to reforming it further. This is a distinct issue from immigration - mexican immigrants won't need welfare (and to the extent that they do, it will balance out to a benefit in the end).

Anonymous said...

LMP toils in douchebaggery.

That's it innit. Fuckin cunt.

Anonymous said...

Sharky -

Outbred by their colonial subjects (do you mean us)?

Do you refuse to acknowledge the fact that European countries with the largest welfare state also have the most strict immigration policies? Do I have to spell out the relation?

Anonymous said...

To the Polish guy above -

Many Americans thought that Polish immigrants were stupid, illiterate bums who would steal their jobs and bring crime and poverty in their wake (sound familiar?). Americans thought they were "unamerican" because of their foreign language and refusal to assimilate into America (polish catholics, america protestants), and they shouldn't be allowed in the county.

Now, in 2007, it seems absurd to think so, seeing the success of Polish immigrants. It would be insane to think that about another group of immigrants now, right . . .

Have to go, my last immigration related post for a while.

Other said...

At 4:18 PM, Anonymous said...

LMP toils in douchebaggery.



He sure got your wound up,didn't he?

Tom said...

Not an honor system. We would rigorously check each person (passport required) entering for any sort of terrorist connections. I could even be convinced to "close the door" to certain countries if the terrorism threat was high enough.

And if they made it into the country anyway, circumventing your new laws, should we give them amnesty because we discover they know how to make small bombs well?

Your argument is circular. Let's give amnesty to illegals and create an open door immigration policy except for the following: {insert criteria here}

It is just the same mechanism all over again, from a different starting point. You are doing cartwheels my friend.

Yes, they are salivating - to immigrate to the United States and take advantage of our world class higher education system, seek prosperity for their families and contribute to the American economy, and become Americans (and they are doing it as fast as we will let them).

And where does our education system rank again? Is it as good as our health care system?

IT's time to wake up said...

Bear Stearns' reluctance to mark down the value of their overpriced CDOs is mirrored by an equal desire among homeowners to hold tight to their fantasies of real estate riches. Despite the obvious weakness in the current market, deluded sellers continue to behave as if the boom of 1998-2005 never ended. A recent survey by Boston Consulting Group showed that 55% of home owners believe they could sell their house for more now than a year ago, and nearly three-quarters think they could sell their homes within the next six months at a price they set. Is it any wonder that there is a record 8.9 months supply of new homes on the market?

Anonymous said...

"And where does our education system rank again?"

Our higher education system? We have the best universities on the globe - this is not controversial. The rest of the world is clamoring to go to Harvard, Penn Wharton, etc.

It's not circular. I can give a good reason why potential terrorists should be exluded - they might hatch a plot to kill thousands of people.

How is that more arbitrary that keeping Mexican immigrants out because . . . remind me again? Hint: there is no good reason.

Anonymous said...

At 4:30 PM, Other said...
He sure got your wound up,didn't he?

Actually not particularly. He would maybe if he wasn't so over the top attempting to 'get' to me. I imagine him sitting thinking ooooh he is goign to be so angry. Like a knat brushed aside. I don't care one way or the other. Gee, I wonder if I wound him up. why did he stop posting anon when I called him out?

Zintradi said...

At 4:29 PM, Anonymous said...

The difference being, the polish immigrants signed in at the port of call, they didn't jump a fence.

All I want is to first, build an effective fence, then set up some sort of guest worker program.

I would even be for building gigantic processing centers at various places on the border that do nothing but process visas for workers, but the congress is more concearned about what they can get for thier state/district than taking care of pressing national issues.

Holiday Inn said...

Imho, assimilation is not the main concern with illegal immigration. Even in Southern California the Mexicans will assimilate, as would anyone else in their stead.

The main question is how do we choose the few million who come in out of the several billion who would like to? This has both moral and practical aspects: morally, do you let the line-jumper ahead of the law-abiding? And practically, what do you do with the next batch who shows up uninvited? In our world of cheaper and cheaper travel, in 20 years it won't be just Mexicans and Guatemalans we'd have to worry about, but pretty much everyone around the world.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
At 4:30 PM, Other said...
He sure got your wound up,didn't he?

Dang it Mark I did'nt realize it was you. It's hard to figure when you talk like a normal human.

Anonymous said...

to all,

If you love illegal immigrants so much why do'nt you marry them.

eek said...

"Our higher education system? We have the best universities on the globe - this is not controversial. The rest of the world is clamoring to go to Harvard, Penn Wharton, etc."

There has been a decline in students coming from overseas to study here for a few years now. Clamoring to come here? You are trolling too hard.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/2006-01-05-foreign-student-drain_x.htm

Many more articles like that. Try googling for 'US losing foreign students'

rogersmith8080 said...

I figure the best way to punish Snowflake is to ignore him; his site is very boring any way. He is off in Casey land riding Kangaroo’s, f*cking koala bears, and jerking off to car steering wheels on the wrong side of the car. The only thing of interest is the California stuff which he has abandoned along with his wife. What would be cool is if G where to start her own site called www.imfacingcaseyfallout.com and detail all the crap that has been going on in Casey’s absence. I don’t think the Snowflake is ever coming back to that mess in California ever again.

I will just get my Casey updates here, the only real news I care about is if and when he goes to jail.

Kirk said...

I've been too busy with my loooser job to keep up with EN recently, although skipping all of the anonymous posts helps. Even so, one person stands out from the rest of the crowd while I scan through screen after screen of posts. Yep, it's you LMP.

Maybe you're on the up and up, frankly I don't know. But the threats against KC are tedious. I say put up or shut brother. If you've got the goods we'd all like the details. If you don't have the goods, or can't say anything, then leave it alone. All of the "all hell's gonna rain on Casey real-soon-now" posts are getting old.

DCRogers said...

@Rob Dawg 3:17 PM

"Actually the recent waves of illegal Mexican immigrants have been different. They are not assimilating and they are not forsaking their origins. They are attempting and succeeding in occupying American soil and establishing ties back to where they mantain their allegiences."

My partner, a 3rd-grade teacher at LAUSD, gets first-hand experience with these pre-assimilated types, and (with possible bias given his naturally corrupting influence!) he reports that they have no more allegiance to Zacatecas than I have to County Cork. They would LOVE to assimilate, become part of this mess... why else come here?

The real problem is that so would about 50 million of their compadres still in Mexico... before we can sort our the INTENTIONAL opening of our borders to let these people in by business interests, and how to let those already here to succeed at becoming American, we have to sort out how to stop the next union-busting wave of illegals.

Remember, every time you hear: "jobs Americans won't take", translate to: "jobs corporations won't pay Americans enough to do".

And don't want to. And if they can encourage illegal immigration to fill the gap, with the added benefit of being able to blame the workers when caught out, so much the better.

Rob, there's a real interesting debate here, but it's not helped by your penchant for unsupported (and slightly paranoid) claims.

Anonymous said...

The best comment ever, in 6+ months of reading Casey's blog. From IAFF:

Casey writes:

"If people understand how I took out the loans and the lending climate at the time and that I had NO criminal intent and had FULL desire to pay back all those loans maybe people wouldn’t be so quick to call me a CON MAN."

mejustme replies:

"OK, here’s a scenario: Let’s say I know you in real life and I say, hey, I have an opportunity to make some money, my friend needs to sell his very profitable business, it’s up and running, so I can keep my $150K day job while reaping the profits. But he needs $50K cash, which I don’t have right now, so I’m asking to borrow it from you, and I’ll pay you back $1,000 every month with above-market rate interest.

Let’s assume you had $50K from selling the blog and you’re like, wow, sounds great! You give me the money and I make a payment or two, then I stop.

You come around wanting to know why I can’t make the payments. I say I don’t have any income. What happened to your $150K day job? Oh, that. I didn’t really have a $150K day job. In fact, I wasn’t working at all. But I knew if I told you that you wouldn’t lend me the money and it was such a great opportunity, I didn’t want to pass it up.

You of course are angry that I deceived you. Then you realize that you at least can take possession of the business, which is worth at least the $50K you lent me.

Oh, sorry about that, chum. I did use it to buy a business, but actually the business cost me $40K and I kept the other $10K in order to make the payments back to you. But I only paid you $2K because, sorry, turns out I needed it for other things — I mean, I’m not working, how else would I pay my daily expenses?

Well, it turns out I overpaid for the business anyway. To make matters worse, in the last two months, sales have been way down because I don’t know much about the business, so I kind of ran it into the ground.

But go ahead and take it! You’ll just have to pay a few thousand in legal fees and other costs, but then you’ll be the proud owner of a business you don’t want that’s worth about $15K, maybe, if you can sell it.

Are you at fault for not doing the due diligence on the business and on me? Yes, but you had my (doctored) pay stubs and an (inflated) appraisal of the business. You are a busy guy and you took me at my word.

Would you be justified in calling me a con artist? A fraud? I think you would. Even if I had every intention, every desire, to pay you back. Even if I didn’t see any profit from this bad deal myself. I misrepresented myself to get money you wouldn’t have given me if I had told you the truth.

YOU ARE A FRAUD. YOU ARE A CON MAN."

Anonymous said...

" would even be for building gigantic processing centers at various places on the border that do nothing but process visas for workers, but the congress is more concearned about what they can get for thier state/district than taking care of pressing national issues."

I agree entirely.

Anonymous said...

"what do you do with the next batch who shows up uninvited?"

The "next batch" has been showing up "uninvited" for virtually the entire history of our country. We'll do what we always do - tell them if they want to make a better life for themselves and their families they are welcome to be Americans. As always, after a few generations they will be so assimilated into America they won't even be viewed as being from any unusual background. Then THAT group will be free to express the same hostility and paranoia that greeted their ancestors when the "next batch" arrives